So, let's start with something easy...
Something with butter... (everyone loves food cooked in butter)
Something you can't screw up...
Pan-fried, cajun-seasoned tilapia (or other similar whitefish) anyone?
The ingredients are simple. The cook time is under 10 minutes. The prep time is under 5 minutes. The cost is under $10. Your house won't smell like fish oil. And nearly everyone is impressed when you cook seafood.
This is a beginner recipe. But everyone can embrace its simplicity.
Pan-Fried, Cajun-Seasoned Tilapia Recipe
- 2 pieces of tilapia
- Cajun Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Skillet (a Cast-Iron skillet will put a nice crust on the fish)
- Shallots (or onions)
- Finely chop shallots
- Coat the tilapia in salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a skillet on Med-High
- Once the butter has somewhat melted, throw in the shallots
- After about a minute, put in the tilapia
- After 3 minutes or so, flip the tilapia
- Remove from heat once the fish becomes flaky